7.14.2006

See? I would never be able to figure this out.

"I do feel 90 to 95 percent better," she said.

Dry Eyes? Check Your Diet - Yahoo! News

It's a story about how this woman cured dry eyes by eating salmon. No, I'm not kidding. Go read it for yourself if you don't believe me.

But the part I don't get is, how does she figure the 90 to 95 percent? How does she work that out?

Sure, OK, there are mornings when I get out of bed feeling 83 percent really, really creaky, but then after a while I get to feeling more or less normal again. So what is that? Is that zero percent? I mean, that's what I'd figure. Wouldn't you? But what if it's 588 percent better? I mean, I know there's no such thing, but what if it is anyway? See what I mean? So does she feel 95 percent better than that? Or 90 percent, of course. 95 or 90. Or would she just feel 95 percent better than 83 percent creaky? Or 90.

I don't know. I'm confused.

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

...e... said...

"I mean, I know there's no such thing, but what if it is anyway?"

my version of this was: if you encounter a grizzly bear in colorado you needn't worry, because there aren't any.

s'why i went into philosophy