7.12.2006

DEAS will use CAP for FEMAspam, APTS CEO tells FCC. NITWIT.

Only the president can order a national emergency alert. The system was initially designed to warn Americans of a nuclear attack, but President Bush last month ordered Homeland Security to extend the alert "for situations of war, terrorist attack, natural disaster or other hazards to public safety and well-being."

Agency works on emergency alert system - Boston.com

Like, for example, "wardrobe malfunctions," I suppose.

Oh, and by the way, in case you were wondering, WETA will downlink but PBS will link up. You can read all the acronymic details in a press release dated April not 1 but 13, located here.

"Nitwit" is a really, really excellent word, isn't it? Don't hear it much anymore. But it seems a shame to waste. And I've been playing around with the idea of using tags on posts - you know, like the real bloggers do (and what, by the way, Boston Globe, is a "regular American," pray tell. I assume they're different from irregular Americans, but how?) - and - where the hell was I, anyway? - oh, right - tags, but I've never been any good at that sort of thing, getting organized and categorizing things and all that. In fact, I suck. So Prudence suggests I do the tag thing sort of gradually, like one at a time.

To wit.

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: