7.14.2006

Seized?

BOSTON - Gov. Mitt Romney seized control Friday of inspections in the Big Dig highway system where a woman was killed by falling concrete, saying an independent assessment was necessary to restore public trust.

Gov. Romney takes control of Big Dig probe - Yahoo! News

Well, fine with me as long he's willing to cut his vacation short. Mitt's been clearing brush at his summer  home in New Hampshire. What is it with these Rs, always on vacation when something  big happens?

Turns out the count is now 242 places where bolts are separating from the ceiling. Something about epoxy. I guess they just sort of glued the bolts up there instead of, you know, bolting them. I would have used duct tape myself but then I'm no construction genius, am I.

Somewhere else I read both the state and federal highway administrations are refusing to release records of previous inspections, citing "ongoing investigation" - what the hell, the whole damn government's being ongoingly investigated, isn't it? I'm figuring what they're investigating is, how are they gonna talk their way out of this one? Is it too late to blame the whole thing on Hillary?

So if you're planning to fly into Logan any time soon bring water wings. You might have to float yourself across the harbor, or whatever. I don't know.

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: