2.21.2006

What's this, you ask. Nothing good.

My iMac shut down twice today because of some high temperature condition, some sensor got too warm, not a good thing. Spent a long time talking to some guy at Apple, the upshot being some actual tech type person has to take a look at it and so we're off to the nearest Appleish store (not an Apple store but a store that sells Apples) tomorrow which is not a particularly happy thing since these guys are maybe good enough but not the fastest guys on the planet, if you know what I mean. If you've ever seen Pump Boys and Dinettes you do. Except no dinettes.

Fortunately I have a mighty laptop. Also a PowerBook. And everything is backed up of course (isn't yours? better do it now) so all will be well. A lot smaller, but well. Actually my 12" PowerBook is very possibly the most perfect computer ever built except maybe for my big wide-screen iMac. So I'm a lucky geek. (Actually my PowerBook has a broken catch which seems to be unfixable so it's not particularly good at sleeping, but then neither am I. So we get along just fine. You'll see. And the other good thing is the March issue of the publication I work on is already done and gone. I can do it on the little screen, no sweat, but it's easier on the big. Which should be up and running again long before the April book is due.)

So it's all not so bad after all, but it's still not good.

1 comment:

...e... said...

so that means maybe someday you'll speak to me again? or not.