2.23.2006

Bored, Bunky? Well here's an idea - why not shoot yourself in the foot?

Oh. Now that you mention it.

See here's the thing. I have this CD full of geeky Unixy GNU type software here I've been meaning to fool around with so I'm sitting here thinking, why not now, and start the installer running. For the first half hour or so it seems like a good idea and then it occurs to me...oops. I'm a one-computer family, so to speak, at the moment. Possibly this is not the very best time to try a stunt like this.

And just about the same time I think of that I encounter the following note in the README file:
The installer can be stopped with 'CTRL-c' and restarted anytime,
although doing so in the "final adjustments" section
is (hopefully) not the best idea you ever had.
Right. OK. So now it's a tie, for bad idea. A three-way tie if you count that one time in Dallas but let's just not consider that right now, two possibly not-best ideas in one evening is enough.

Which I'm only mentioning because if you come back in a little while and find a pile of rubble, smoking, you'll know what happened. I've rubblized myself.

Of course on the other hand it might still work out. Positive thinking is a good thing, at least until you notice you are missing a toe.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: