12.29.2006

Mushy! Oh yeah!

As some of you may have gathered I have a mild and hopefully short-lived dental situation in progress, nothing serious, but I need to be careful about chewing for another day or two. As in, I really shouldn't be chewing much of anything at all. This was an unforeseen situation so I wasn't really prepared for it, and I got through yesterday on a few cans of some "nutrition drink" stuff, which turns out to be surprisingly disgusting - no one should have to drink that stuff - and a couple cups of something claiming to be "pudding," and Jello.

So when this morning it became apparent this might go on yet for another day or two I repaired to the grocery store. Woohoo! It's amazing how much mushy stuff you can find when you're desperate for something that doesn't taste like a chemical waste dump.

Baked beans! Canned peas! A bunch of those canned "Italian" concoctions! Yogurt! Even a can of corned beef hash (getting daring there). And I didn't even hit the freezer case or the deli counter, and I forgot the cottage cheese. And I have some bananas and some oatmeal and a couple of potatoes I can boil, and even a can of sardines I can probably squash. Like a feast!

I'd kill for a pretzel.

No comments: