10.12.2011

The whole twit thing

I've been looking for a decent mobile blogging solution and thought I'd found one the other day, but that turned out to be some kind of deal where either 1) you pay them a bunch of money or 2) they put a big ad on your site with every post. In other words, not so good.

So I've decided when I want to take note of something on the fly, I'll twit. You can click on the button over there if you want to follow me, but I think the whole idea of having "followers" is kind of creepy, myself, and I don't intend to be a high-volume twit anyway, so it's hardly an obligatory thing.

Twitter, it turns out, is kind of usefull as a sort of news ticker, sort of an abbreviated version of RSS. So I'm following such sites as Reuters, AP, CNN and Propublica; Gizmodo, CNet, and Ars Technica. And cutting down on some of the blogs.

No comments: