10.13.2011

Hard to imagine, huh?

BlackBerry Outage Makes iPhone Owners Even More Smug - Technology - The Atlantic Wire

Meanwhile, Apple's servers have been barely more than smoldering heaps of silicon all day today as 50 gabillionzillion geeks try to download major OS X (Lion) and iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.) upgrades and tweeks to such several apps as iTunes and iPhoto and whatever else and set up accounts on the new iCloud service simultaneously in one, hilarious moment. I, of course, did it yesterday. And there were one or two more or less terrifying moments during the process which apparently caused a significant number of apparent noobs to panic, lighting up message boards everywhere. Mostly, though, it was just slow. I've never stood in line at an Apple store myself but I can only imagine this was something like that. Things seem to be trending back toward normal as we speak, but you yourself are planning to do the whole Apple upgrade thing I would suggest waiting a week or two and whatever you do, don't call me.

No comments: