2.27.2009

The thing is...


Like its peers, Dell has watched as businesses and consumers have sharply curtailed technology purchases. The decline in sales has proved so severe that Dell’s earnings have fallen to the lowest level since 2002.

[From Dell’s Net Income Plunged 48% in 4th Quarter - NYTimes.com]

...I have some serious trouble with this kind of news because I have a hard time comprehending the 2002 part. I mean, 2002 was like yesterday, wasn't it? 2002 was only seven years ago. If they'd said 19, I don't know, 46 or something, or 58 or 65, whatever, I'd be impressed but 2002?


And then the article reports, breathlessly, "Dell's overall business appears very similar to what it was last year."


This is some kind of crisis we're talking about here? Come on, get a grip.



No comments: