2.22.2009

I never make it past "Best Lighting Design in an Animated Film With More Than Three Gerbils" myself


You’ve been invited to the 81st Annual Academy Awards. Actually, it’s a scribbled note your movie fanatic neighbor dropped in your mailbox. (“Why waste money on a stamp?” you can hear her saying.) Turns out she’s having some people over for the broadcast (Sunday at 8 p.m. on ABC). Sure, it’s BYOB, but she’s making her special nachos, her wide-screen hasn’t been repossessed, and there will be an Oscar pool, with a hokey improvised trophy for the winner. Wow, life doesn’t get any better than that these days.

[From The Oscars - The Contenders, the Pools and the Show and the Hopes - NYTimes.com]

So I won't know until tomorrow how this really turns out (don't bother waking me). Except for Leger's brilliantly creep Joker and Wall-E I haven't seen any of the nominees anyway, and only a couple of them are even in the queue.



No comments: