2.27.2009

OK, Bunky, I'm declaring Spring

No. I don't want to hear. I'm doing it and that's all there is. If you don't like it, get over there.


Here's the thing. I have an extra-big window in my living room, 50-something inches wide, and the storm window for it is jammed and won't go down all the way. So sometime in December when it started getting really cold I found a couple of big wide sheets of cardboard and taped them over the window to help keep the cold out. Maybe it worked and maybe it didn't, but I did it anyway.


Recently it's been sagging - maybe moisture from all the melting going on (it hit 50º today) - and this morning the tape pulled loose from the window frame and the top sheet fell down. And I'm not putting it back up. Deal with it.


I figure the window's still half covered so it can get half cold if it wants to - it's only February after all - but the top half is staying off and from now on I'm expecting at least half warm.



3 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

I like your attitude. Screw Winter! Plus, falling cardboard is as good an indicator of Spring as a groundhog.

We are about 46 degrees today and will get to right around 50 tomorrow.

Yesterday, we had snow. (But since it's now melted, I'm chalking it up to a really bad dream.)

Lynn C Dot said...

New pic for Spring. ~L

Ted Compton said...

You're right! Maybe next year we can have Cardboard Day.