9.07.2007

Woohoo!

Thanks, Boing Boing. William Gibson has a new novel - Spook Country - so there's my second book for this month. That'll make it a double play.

My current book is Wicked - took me a while to warm up to it but that was because it's not exactly the book I expected. But, as is often the case, my imagination proved to be deficient and Wicked is a wicked good read (a little New Englandism there, Bunky, no extra charge). I'll put a link in the Books Department before to long. But right now, there's a note on my calendar about going to work or something, so I'd better figure out what that means.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that "Spook Country" was supposed to be good. By the way, did I tell you how much I love Jasper Fforde? He's so funny I'm not sure it's legal!

I just finished "Tin Drum" by Gunter Grass and while it was quite good and worth the read, it was a little heavy so "First Among Sequels" is a welcome diversion.

I'll have to put "Wicked" on my list. It was also turned into a musical, I think, which I haven't seen but it sounds interesting....

Wee!

Ted Compton said...

Yeah, I'm a big William Gibson fan. "Pattern Recognition" is good too. He coined the word "cyberspace" in his novel, "Neuromancer," which started the whole cyberpunk genre.