9.03.2007

If this is you doing this, cut it out

I'm coming up the hill this morning and I notice the flag on the common is at half mast, while the flag on the bank across the street is run to the top of the staff. This drives me nuts.

So I take a detour down Main Street and discover the flag at the post office is flying full staff but the flag at the county courthouse right across the street is flapping around half up. OK, it's not a fed, it's a county or maybe a state thing - but what?

This happens a lot around here, I've noticed. I never know why. Maybe it's just some guy at the County has some kind of weird half-mast fetish, maybe people get the flag flown at half staff on their birthdays (although you would think...) - or maybe something has, I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here, freaking happened. Ya think? I don't know.

Gimme a break.

No comments: