1.18.2007

George McGovern has some questions for the DOOFUS.

You remember George McGovern, don't you, the wimpy libsymp from one of those Dakota places? Now 84, McGovern had some "impertinent questions" for "Mr. Bush, Jr." at the National Press Club the other day...
Mr. President, I do not speak either as a pacifist or a draft dodger. I speak as one who after the attack on Pearl Harbor, volunteered at the age of nineteen for the Army Air Corps and flew thirty-five missions as a B-24 bomber. I believed in that war then and I still do sixty-five years later. And so did the rest of America. Mr. President, are you missing the intellectual and moral capacity to know the difference between a justified war and a war of folly in Vietnam or Iraq?

That and a whole lot more, here, from The Nation.

Don't wait up for answers, would be my advice.

No comments: