2.08.2006

Yo. Here's the plan.

If it stays below 20º for the next two hours I'm wearing my new jacket to work. That would be pushing the boundaries of wimpiness but maybe this one time it'd be OK.

See, I went to the store (there's only one) last week looking for a hat and there were these big down jackets marked down 60 percent - not a big clamor for down jackets during the warmest January on record would why, I suppose - and who could pass up a deal like that? Jackets - well, jackets and shoes - happen to be my only weaknesses, sartorially speaking, mostly a matter of admiring - no lusting would be the word - from afar. But 60 percent off? That was too much to bear. And anyway my old down jacket - the deep cold jacket - is 20 years old and counting, and showing some serious wear.

So there you have it. That's my excuse. Now all I need is an excuse to actually wear the thing. Which might be, as I say, today. Or anyway this week. After that, who knows?

I mean, here we are coming up on mid-February. Even if it gets cold it won't be cold long. Not that long, I mean - bitter cold on the first of January is depressing but bitter cold in mid-February is like don't worry about it, it's almost March. Which is fine with me.

Weather wouldn't be weather, of course, if it didn't make somebody grumpy and in this year's case it's the maple syrup makers. If you are a lover of maple syrup you may be in for a disappointing year, is what I hear. And the farmers - but the farmers are always grumpy about the weather, no matter what it is. Me though, moi, is delighted, because even if it does get cold now there will almost certainly be plenty of oil on my contract to sit it out. Which means I don't get wiped out until next winter, which is good. Unless you own Exxon, in which case you're going to have to wait another year before you get mine. Heh heh.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

...e... said...

so far my fiendish plan to not turn on the heat all winter is holding, heh, heh.

Ted Compton said...

Well you're living in the tropics there, heh heh.