2.10.2006

I was a Hoosier myself once so who am I to say?

A house erroneously valued at $400 million is being blamed for budget shortfalls and possible layoffs in municipalities and school districts in northwest Indiana.

An outside user of Porter County's computer system may have triggered the mess by accidentally changing the value of the Valparaiso house, said Sharon Lippens, director of the county's information technologies and service department. The house had been valued at $121,900 before the glitch.
But that sure sounds like a creative description, "outside user," doesn't it? All I know is what the AP says.

Indiana is also the state that's wanting an "In God We Trust" license plate. Maybe this is why.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

...e... said...

this is exactly the kind of thing i was concerned about in my former job, when nobody would believe me. as i say, it's my *former* job.