1.14.2006

This is the kind of thing that got those witches in trouble


What I'm about to do here, I mean, which is put a vile hex on the months of February and March. I'm doing this by mentioning how warm the weather is in January - right now, that would be - and also by saying I, myself, think it's Spring.

"Think positive" is my motto, which puts me at odds with your basic native New Englander who devoutly expects to be punished for his sins. Any sins at all - which would include enjoying a 50-degree day in January, of which we have had several this week - and even worse than that, a January in which the ice, as you can see, is melting off. I, on the other hand, prefer to think it's going to be like this right on through. (Accuweather's opinion on this is that it will be sub-freezing tomorrow and Monday but then get back into the 40s later next week, during the days at least, and stay pretty much there for the rest of the month. With a little rain, snow, ice and general crud thrown in just to make it seem like home.)

There. That should about do it. February will be a bitch.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: