1.12.2006

Darkness vanquished, this time forever

Just a note from our Breaking News Desk here - I got four new light bulbs, not just two, which puts me 100 percent over my New Year light bulb resolution. (I'm wondering if such a brilliant performance - heh - entitles me to skip one of the other ones. Remind me to look that up.) And the best thing is they're those new-fashioned squiggly fluorescent ones and they're supposed to last a very, very long time. OK, maybe "forever" was a little over the top there, but definitely long.

Actually I only needed three, and I was thinking the fourth would be a spare. But now I'm beginning to wonder if I should send the fourth one to the White House because I'm beginning to think they need it more than I.

The Dubya went to some kind of town meeting thing in Kentucky yesterday and did a whole lot of flickering, as noted here on First Draft.

My personal favorite showed up in one of the comments so I went to the White House web site (once again risking all for the Empire) and got the full quote:
It also makes sense to take pressure off the border by giving people a legal means on a temporary basis to come here, so they don't have to sneak across. Now, some of you all may be old enough to remember the days of Prohibition. I'm not. (Laughter.) But remember, we illegalized whisky, and guess what? People found all kinds of ways to make it, and to run it. NASCAR got started -- positive thing that came out of all that. (Laughter.)
I'm not sure what to make of all the laughter but it - well, maybe this is just my imagination but it sounds a little nervous to me. On the other hand, maybe people were just happy whisky is no longer illegalized.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: