1.11.2006

Comedians stage coup at Associated Press

How else can you explain this?

In a story datelined this morning Jesse J. Holland of the AP tells us how pleased Republicans are at Samuel Alito's performance in his confirmation hearing so far.
"I certainly see nothing at this point that would cause me not to vote to confirm," said Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee that questioned Alito during a daylong hearing Tuesday. Added Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, another committee member, "Barring some unexpected development, I expect to support the nominee."
(Holland misses what Lindsey Graham told Alito at the beginning of the hearing yesterday: "It's possible you could talk me out of voting for you, but I doubt it. So I won't even try to challenge you along those lines.")

And then he delivers this punchline.
Republicans complained that Democrats have already made up their minds about Alito.
Fox "News" could start an anti-Comedy Channel channel with material like that.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: