1.06.2006

Here's something really depressing, and also something cold

I'm listening to George Carlin's book, When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? (yeah that's it in the sidebar there). Listening is even better than reading because Carlin reads it himself. And that's not what's depressing - it's a very funny book. Carlin's books read a lot like blogs, by the way. I don't know if he has a blog (and clearly I'm too lazy to find out right now) but if he does, it's the funniest blog around.

So everything was going fine until I came to a little riff on predictions for the future and one of the predictions was "time will stop and everything will happen all at once." Which is pretty funny as long as you don't think about it.

That's were I went wrong. I thought about it. And I started thinking, what was the single most attention-getting thing that ever happened to me, and at least one of those things was this: getting whacked in the head with a croquet mallet. (You might want to make a note of that in case you ever wonder what's going on in my head.)

And the thing is, that one thing would probably be so distracting that I would miss everything else that happened. Ever. Now is that a bummer, or what. Really depressing, just like I said.

If you want to see the cold thing, which is completely cool (and not depressing at all), have a look at these pictures from an "ice and snow world" festival in China.

(Thanks to Formerly Upstairs Cathy for the link.)

Technorati Tags:

No comments: