12.29.2005

My sister's potato chips

My sister and her husband are my landlords. They live downstairs, I live up.

My sister loves to shop for bargains at the grocery store. Yesterday she found a bargain on a gigantic bag of potato chips.

My sister can't stop eating potato chips once she starts. And the giant bag was more potato chips than she's allowed to eat. So she brought the bag up here and gave me half.

I am sitting here eating my sister's potato chips for breakfast. I can't stop eating them once I start.

Have you noticed how difficult it's become to eat? Especially if there's more than one involved. Some people don't eat meat, some people eat just about nothing but. Some people love meat but can't have the cholesterol. Some people love mashed potatoes but can't take the carbs. Some people are trying to eat less, some people are trying to eat more. Some people eat tofu and yogurt and sprouts. And swallow fish oil pills. The meat is sick, the grain is mutated, the fish come from farms and all of it is bad for you except the fish oil, which they just haven't got around to yet.

It used to be so simple - a nice slab of rare roast beef, some fries, maybe a big chunk of cheesecake for dessert. Good. Now I'm sitting here eating my sister's potato chips while I can. My next appointment with the doctor isn't until spring.

Don't ask me because I just don't know.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: