12.30.2005

General shows how he can bullshit with the best

If I knew anything at all about philosophy (which I don't) I'd probably say (but I won't) absurdity has never been the same since the Existentialists got ahold of it, but there are still little flecks to be found floating on the datastream, as for example this:

"As events have shown in Afghanistan and Iraq and elsewhere in the world, this year has been an incredible one of progress in the war on terrorism," General Pace told several hundred troops, after singers and a comedian traveling with him had entertained them.
That was from the New York Times, newspaper of record and/or Judith whatzername, which today, running out its string on General Pace, also printed this:

It was a rare moment last month when Gen. Peter Pace, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, publicly contradicted his boss, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld. On Thursday, however, General Pace essentially said never mind.
He thought Rummy was talking about, you know, people, not just Iraqis, and so of course Rummy was right all along and the general won't have to give up hanging around with the singers and comedians after all.

And yes, you're right, this is exactly the kind of thing I said I'd be writing about on House of Horrors, but I didn't feel like doing that so I wrote about it here. They have their empire, I have mine.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: