12.31.2005

A leap second! Who knew?

"Enjoy New Year's Eve a second longer," said the researchers at the US National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Well thank you, researchers at the US National Institute of Standards and Technology, you just had to go and say that didn't you. I could have slept another second and now look - I'll stay up an extra second and blow the whole thing off. Just like I do every time we change to daylight savings time. And back again.

How does that work, come to think of it, researchers at the US National Institute of Standards and Technology? I lose an hour going both ways. Some kind of weirdness there. I don't understand that at all.

The BBC, being British, is going to add a pip. (Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. Why don't they just give it up and speak English?)

Technorati Tags:

No comments: