9.13.2007

OK I give up - what am I missing here?

Majority Democrats in Congress are unable to muster enough votes to set deadlines for ending the war. So they are hoping to win Republican support with legislation to limit the mission of U.S. forces to training Iraq's military and police, protecting U.S. assets and fighting terrorists.

(Bush approves gradual troop cuts in Iraq - Associated Press)

Sorta looks to me like the so-called Democrats want to "limit" the troops in Iraq to doing what they're doing. Whoa, that's some kinda bold idea, huh? And, well, this is a kind of dopey question I guess, but if the Democrats really are a majority in Congress why do they need "Republican support" in the first place? See? I told you it was dopey. But why? 

Oh well.

About 168,000 U.S. troops are in Iraq now. Bush's order is intended to bring that number to around 132,000 — about where it was when Bush announced a major buildup last Jan. 10.

If you're a troop, Dude, I hope you're one of the lucky few.



No comments: