9.11.2007

How much snow does a snowjob make?

I caught part of that congressional hearing in the car driving home this morning and as near as I could make out they were talking about withdrawing 30,000 troops from Iraq by the end of next summer, so that would leave 130,000 still there. And isn't that about the number that was there before the so-called surge began? So we wind up right back where we were before the surge began, then, and how is this an accomplishment? I'd sort of like to know that before I get all wobbly-kneed with gratitude. Because right now I just don't get it, Bunky. I just don't.

Meanwhile, Potemkin Petraeus became a Faux News blabberjock last evening with a production, well...

The whole production was such transparent propaganda that one doubts that Pravda would have been shameless enough to present it. Even the title of the program was creepy. Fox did not even bother to call it an "interview," but rather hailed it as a "Briefing for America."

...is how Greenwald describes it, which sure leaves me thinking this general guy is selling a bill of goods. Why else do people get "interviewed" by Britt Hume, I'm asking?

It's starting to pile up.

No comments: