9.10.2007

Oh that sucks

"Here's how Apple ringtones works: Pay 99 cents for the song and another 99 cents to convert up to 30 seconds of the song into a ringtone," Wired notes.

OK, I wasn't planning to buy an iPhone anyway. I mean, I wasn't from the start - but after this morning, when I almost dropped my Nano while standing in line at a convenience store and the thought occured to me, Dude, you could be almost dropping a 'Pod, a 'Phone, and a camera too - well, I really haven't been planning to buy one since then. Now this.

It ain't really an iPod if you can't play your music when you want to. Isn't that, after all, the whole idea? You should, if there were any justice in the world - given what an iPod can do - be able not only to assign incoming calls to call up music from your music list but call up a specific picture too (heh - wouldn't that be fun).

True, this might be a condition AT&T put on the deal - ringtone sales, I understand, are a significant source of income to the phonecos, income they would lose if the ithing worked the way it should. But still, it sucks.

Unless, of course, they want to cut another $200 off the price.

No comments: