8.09.2007

Quoth the Big Tent Democrat

Unlike most of the readership of this blog, and Democrats everywhere, I think George Herbert Walker Bush was a good President. Unlike many of you, I supported Desert Storm and thought Bush 41 did a masterful job of managing the situation, including, especially including, the decision not to continue the war to Baghdad, a much maligned decision at the time, most notably criticized by today's Neocons.

(TalkLeft)


I agree. Well, maybe not so much about HW being a good President although by current standards he doesn't look too bad. But on the first gulf war. It's rare to run into people who think that was the right decision, ending the war when Bush did, and of course the quick finish of Gulf I was often cited as one of the "reasons" for Gulf II. But I thought it was right at the time and I still, you betcha, do.

No comments: