8.05.2007

Chris Dodd sort of explains something, kinda

In an interview by Glenn Greenwald discussed at TalkLeft (below) Chris Dodd (CD) comes up with this:

GG: Can you describe what you think it is that motivated 16 of your colleagues in the Democratic caucus to vote in favor of this bill?

CD: No, I really can't . . . We had caucuses during the day, so everyone knew what was there. You had a vote at 10:00 at night, people say I didn't know what was there, then normally I can understand, but we had a caucus during the day. There was a lot of conversation about it.
Well yeah, but...whoa. Let's rewind that.

people say I didn't know what was there, then normally I can understand
Maybe you can understand but the idea that these guys are passing bills (and we know they are) when they don't know what's in them is not OK with me, Dude. I mean, Dodd. I mean, that's got to stop.
Link: Chris Dodd on the FISA Capitulation - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

No comments: