2.14.2007

Few things are more refreshing...

...than standing in a snow drift when the bottom of your boots fall off. Yeah. They were those yellow shitkicker boots I bought in Michigan about 15 years ago and they had that sort of gummy sole they put on the kangaroo shoes, whatever they're called. You know what I mean. And I didn't wear them often, mostly for stuff just like today: shoveling snow. I guess the gummy stuff just rotted away or something. I don't know. But they sure did fall off.

Those forecast guys were pretty much right on. About a foot of snow has fallen and been duly shoveled out of the driveway and I'm thinking I'll make a break for the grocery store before it all snows back. Which it will do - only maybe not so much - because it still is. Snowing, I mean. Or sort of semi-snowing. It's not quite wet enough yet to be called sleet, but it's close. The radar seems to show most of the really wet stuff is staying south of us.

And here's an idea! When this melts off, I will blog about the grass growing.

No comments: