1.12.2007

OK, so I feel a little bit better now.

In Minnesota, the temperature dropped to 24 below zero around dawn Friday in Hallock, in the state's northwestern corner, the National Weather Service said. Winds up to 25 mph made it feel closer to 40 below zero in much of western Minnesota.

Sorta puts the 10º high they're forecasting here for Tuesday in perspective. Still, 10 sounds a whole lot chillier than the 40ish temps we've been seeing in these parts so far. I guess that'll teach me not to put off the oil change.

The good news is it'll give me an excuse to wear my big new winter jacket, which I practically stole last year (the price was marked down 80%) from a store that couldn't unload it, it being warm here last winter too.

And anyway, by next Tuesday there'll be only 9 weeks left until Spring.

No comments: