8.24.2006

It's for left-handed pygmies but it's cheap.

Also the coffee tastes a little funny but that's because I didn't thoroughly wash it in hot, soapy water before I used it like the instructions insisted. I mean, what's the point of a new coffee maker if the first thing you have to do to it is break it, and don't tell me it comes apart the way the booklet says because it doesn't. No way.

Modesty prevents me from recording the exact details of my previous coffee maker's demise so let's just say it was a steaming mound of crusty grounds at the end. And I went over to CVS and found a new one on sale for $8.00. I brought it home and opened the box and the thing was such a maze of plastic wrapping and weird-shaped cardboard pieces I had to make myself a cup of freakin' emergency instant just to look at it. But I finally got the thing unwrapped and went straight to the brewing part from there.

It's backwards. Isn't there some rule that says a guy who designs a product has to actually use it once before he runs around selling it to someone else? The place you pour the water is a little tiny narrow slit on the left side, which in my case is right next to the wall and also right next to the power outlet and in any case I can't do anything very well with my left hand, much less pour water into a little hole like that. It can't be turned around because then it's even more backwards than it is when it's frontwards, with the power switch and that water level gauge thing in back. So the only solution is to put it sort of sidewise back-to-front and scrunch when you pour. Or I pour, but then I'm the one who has to do it, aren't I.

And if that's really 10 cups they're pygmy cups.

The only good thing about it is it doesn't have to last too long before I get my money's worth. Which wasn't much.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: