7.31.2006

Finally! Some good news!

Slashdot | It's OK to keep AIMing:
According to the Univeristy of Toronto instant messaging does not hurt the grammar of the people who use it. From the article: "With 80% of Canadian teenagers using instant messaging and adopting its unique linguistic shorthand, many teachers and parents are concerned about the medium's potential to corrupt kids' grammar. But instant messaging doesn't deserve its bad reputation as a spoiler of syntax, suggests a new study from the University of Toronto."
Whew, it's been a long day, hasn't it? OK maybe not where you are. But here, what with trying to read the news and going to the grocery store. I'm telling you, the most dangerous place on earth to drive - well, except the road to Damascus, I suppose - is in a supermarket parking lot.

And by the way, have I mentioned recently how cool Google Earth is? Like awesome, I mean. If you don't already have it go get it here. I'm not kidding. I haven't figured out how to use all the little doodads and things but just tooling around looking at the whole thing is excellently, well, excellent.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

...e... said...

the road to damascus! my goodness.

Ted Compton said...

has a nice ring to it, you think?