6.14.2006

Life's little hazards, and just getting through the day.

How is it, I'm wondering, a person can be so incredibly, relentlessly boneheaded as to put the coffee in the other part of the coffee maker - you know, the part where the water goes? Which a person I could mention just did. I'm not mentioning, understand, but I could. How freakin' dumb is that?

Before the mosquito thing, it was not a bad day. There wasn't much traffic - not that there's ever much traffic around here but, I mean, today there was even less not much, seemed like. And it only rained for a little while. So everything seemed to be humming right along. It was the humming part I should have been paying attention to. I was getting groceries out of my car a little while ago when a mosquito about the size of a 747 flew in. And hid. So now I know it's in there somewhere, getting hungrier.

Last summer I bought some kind of little gadget that's supposed to make a buzz that keeps mosquitoes away. Mosquitoes and teens seem to have something in common there, about the audio thing. Actually I didn't buy it for myself, I bought it for my sister, who seems to have some kind of mosquito-attractive gene. But it was cheap and on sale, two for the price of one, so I got one for myself, too. Never have used it. Don't know if it works. Will find out. Soon.

I figure if that damn mosquito is going to make me craZy, I'm going to make it craZy too.

No comments: