2.04.2006

This may look like I'm tempting fate but really, I'm not


I would be tempting fate if I put my ducks go out for a swim, which I am not about to do, no way. But this sure looks like a duckworthy puddle, nonetheless. In February, yet.

Meanwhile I was doing some stuff on my powerbook a little while ago and while I was at it I installed a weather widget there, and it came up defaulting to Atlanta where it is, amazingly, 9 degrees colder there (the widget claimed), with the next five days forecast colder than the same widget forecasts here, go figure that. Understand I am not complaining here, nor gloating, just reporting. Surely the weather gods can not object to that, can they? (In case they do this is not really me writing this, it's somebody else who lives in Dubuque. That's it. Dubuque.)

2 comments:

...e... said...

i finally got here.

says you're only 12 degrees colder than us right NOW!

Ted Compton said...

I guess they finished installing their "enhancements." I don't know what the enhancements were yet - and maybe they were the kind of enhancements mere mortals don't actually see, enhancements of a more ethereal persuasion, but in any event that was what was going on. It seems.

It's 44 here now, the widget reports, at 8:29 AM Sunday, with highs in the mid-30s forecast through Friday. The calendar still claims it's February.