2.22.2010

Todo done

I had this big stack of stuff on my desk, figured it might take the better part of a day to clear up but it didn't, it was gone in about five minutes. All but one thing had expired.

Which has been, pretty much, my approach to todo lists (or, more accurately in my case, todo stacks) all along. Just let the stuff pile up until it's either already finished or it's too late to do anything about it anyway and then just toss it out. Poof.

Like, for example, these receipts for car repairs, not to mention the towing bills. No need to file those. (Not that there was ever much need to file such things. The car came into my life free and, some years later, left the same way, an almost biblical symmetry that was ordained from the start. I only kept the receipts because an orderly folder of receipts came with the car and, well, maintenance is maintenance after all; that, and out of habit, I suppose, although the habit mostly involved letting things stack up on my desk. As I was mentioning. Earlier.)


No comments: