2.24.2010

Hooray...

...for all the time I spent rubbing beeswax into my boots because I can walk through just about anything now and still wind up with dry feet. Which is a good thing. That's what's on the sidewalks and all over the streets now - just about anything.

It snew, of course, and then it sleeted and rained. And somewhere in there, I'm pretty sure it slushed. Also glopped. The last time I went out to shovel the sidewalk was covered with three inches of water just barely cold enough not to run. I've seen a lot of winter but I've never seen anything quite like that. And shoveling it - well, what do you expect when you shovel water?

The power's gone out twice today, but only for a short time each time. Those Pilgrims did a pretty good job stringing wire, although it's never as bad here as it is up on the hill. For all I know, they're dark there.

Come to think of it, though, I think I'll leave my phone on the charger all evening JIC.

The good news is, it's been reasonably warm. If it freezes tonight - it's not supposed to, but if it does - things are going to be pretty nasty in the morning. I work tomorrow, but I don't have to leave home until noon. By then, things should be in pretty good shape.

Meanwhile, there's only one more month.


No comments: