2.25.2010

Bank, library, coffee

That's my walking list for this morning. When you're walking you have to plan your errands more efficiently, get stuff all in one loop instead of doubling back and forth. When you're driving it's probably not a bad idea either.

Speaking of the library, it turns out l read those old retro paper "books" a whole lot faster than I can listen to them (or, more precisely, faster than the narrators can read them - I could fiddle with speeding up the playback but somehow that doesn't seem sporting, does it?) so two new books on the book list today, an Alex Cross thriller by James Patterson called The Big Bad Wolf and Barbara Ehrenreich's Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America.

Oh, and how's this for cool? I now have a shortcut to the library's card catalog on my iPhone, so I can look up a book and reserve it from anywhere on the planet except some parts of southern Vermont.


2 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

Yea!!! I applaud your conversion, if even temporarily, to the manual reader. And I'm excited the library is on your walking route. It would be brilliant if they served coffee in the library like they do at Barnes and Noble. And, how cool is it to combine the nostalgia of the library with the technology of reserving online? Puts Dewey out of business a little to have someone else pull the book off the shelf for you but it's still pretty cool.

All grown up and with your own library card, too. I'm so proud. (sniff)

Ted Compton said...

LOL. Yeah, I had to renew the card because I hadn't used it for so long but all better now.