5.27.2008

Yeah, well, OK

Here's a story from the International Herald Tribune that headlines "U.S. home prices plunge and consumer confidence slides" that never quite gets around to mentioning consumer confidence except right at the end and then only in Europe. What's with that?



[See U.S. home prices plunge and consumer confidence slides - International Herald Tribune]


Personally my consumer confidence is fine, about the same as always, namely OMG how am I gonna pay for oil next year - and what's more I'm engaging in a little foreplay with the IRS. See, I got this envelope from them the other day with Stimulus Payment printed all over it in boldface red, like that, and inside was a coy little note about how they were gonna stimulate me maybe in a few months, give or take...damn, IRS, that makes me sooooooo hot!


Or at least, you know, kinda warm. But not warm enough to do without the oil next year.



No comments: