5.25.2008

Does this freakin' Vista never end?

See I got this Windows thing because I figured it'd be good to know at least something about it and also because I wanted to run the Windows version of Office so I could have a reference to the software I use at work, and I installed it in a virtual machine on my Mac which, granted, makes the beast run a little slower than it would on its own hardware - but still, come on. It runs Office OK although the new version of Office looks nothing at all like the older version at work so that part didn't go so well. Still, when I need Word for something - as seldom as possible, thank you - the beast runs Word.

The problem is, I spend hours in Windows just maintaining it. Virus scanning. Downloading updates. Rebooting. Waaaaaaiting. It's forever. Which is why I like Macs so much. On a Mac, you do what you're doing. In Windows, you do what you're doing and you do Windows. It's a twofer.

I'd rather not.

No comments: