5.28.2008

Everything gets more colorful - or less

I got this gadget - a colorimeter - that hooks on to my computer and adjusts the monitor to the room light - in principle, at least - to keep the colors true. The strange thing is, it seems to give the whole display a pretty strong magenta cast. This is maybe not a problem, because when I use the monitor the colors do seem excellent - grays neutral, whites crisp - or maybe is a problem because when I look away the whole rest of the world looks bilious green. Of course, the rest of the world could be bilious green, but I'm thinking it's more likely my room light is so far outside a decent, normal profile it's more than the gadget can handle. I might have to invest in a light bulb. Or two. Or even a lamp.


Later: Yeah, a lamp. Turns out the more light I get into the room the less magenta the screen becomes. The thing is telling me it's too dark in here.



No comments: