2.15.2008

I guess I'm just not used to this, is all

But dude, this Microsoft sure seems to be a high hassle-factor outfit. All those rules!

I get a mailing from those guys, the Microsoft, about an Office add-in that adds Creative Commons licenses to documents which I chug along over to Microsoft to download because it seems like a cool idea to me, whereupon I discover IE7 apparently phish-checks MS's own web site which requires a long time to do, and download the thing and then discover (OK I could have read the requirements but who woulda thunk?) it only works with Office 2003 and X freakin' P. What's with that? They're touting software that doesn't even run with their own OS? I guess so.

So anyway if you have Office 2003 and X freakin' P and you're interested, you can get it here, direct from Creative Commons. And if you're running - I'm just mentioning - OpenOffice.org, you can get it here.

No comments: