2.12.2008

Comcast does that too?

Cable goes out, I call their help desk, which is automated, and after asking me what my problem is (I selected #2, my internet is out), it directed me to check out comcast.net

(Balloon Juice)

Yeah, Verizon is like that, or at least it was last time I called which was sometime in a previous century. Cracked me up. The other part is where they tell you the waiting time is, you know, kind of long but they will really try to work you in before the end of the day.

Which reminds me, the part about looking for help online, I'm reading "Catch-22" again. Or listening, this time (and the reader is very good). I've been meaning to do that for a long time. It's still an excellently funny book, in a black sort of way.

And also, since we're talking about black humor here, here's a collection of Republican valentines from the inestimable Whatever It Is, I'm Against It - the only blog I know of that has a theme song. Check it out while you're there.

No comments: