9.27.2007

It's gonna be a big book month

I just finished listening to Chapter 1 of "The Chopin Manuscript," a serialized thriller written by 15 top thriller writers to be distributed over the next month or so by Audible.com. It sure sounds like a winner so far. I have Chapters 2 and 3 on my iPod which, with the few podcasts I subscribe to, should let me squeak through the remaining days before my October Audible allotment kicks in without being totally audio-deprived. (The next installment of "Chopin" comes out next Tuesday.)

Meanwhile, on October's list are Naomi Klein's new book, "Shock Doctrine," and "Bridge of Sighs," the latest by Richard Russo (who also wrote "Nobody's Fool" and "Empire Falls," among others). Sounds like a terrific schedule to look forward too.

I've been a big reader all my life but I've only recently (well, within the last few years) been hooked on audiobooks. It took a little practice before I found a listening technique that suited. But now I'm addicted to the things


No comments: