4.09.2007

Where I draw the line


Mind maps. I have enough trouble with outlines - I do not want to mess around with mind maps. All I get from a mind map is lost.

And don't even get me started about rules. There's always somebody who wants to make rules. I'm reading in the NYTimes this morning...
The conversational free-for-all on the Internet known as the blogosphere can be a prickly and unpleasant place. Now, a few high-profile figures in high-tech are proposing a blogger code of conduct to clean up the quality of online discourse.
Right. How fat is that chance?

Here's a little 411 for ya, Bunky. This, the very blog you are reading now, according to the eminent Technorati, is the 859,669th most popular blog in the known universe. (And what does that say about how you spend your time?) So the maximum number of bloggers they are ever going to get to agree to their rules is 859,668. Even fewer, would be my guess.

So gimme a break. Seals of freaking approval? I think not. Codes of conduct? Ain't no way. Not that I'm against conduct, understand - conduct is grand. But I will be responsible for my own, thank you very much. And if it's not just like yours, tough shit. Go stick your seal someplace else.

These guys are probably all into mind maps, I'm betting here.

Link: A Call for Manners in the World of Nasty Blogs - New York Times

3 comments:

...e... said...

a little late on this one, bunky, the statue of limitations on the sierra mess has run out now. what was it that finally made it important enough for ya, the NYT? TOO late.

(kilxoo)

...e... said...

that would be a little dinky statue, the limitations one....

(tmgfmey)

Ted Compton said...

Yeah, well I wasn't expecting it to last very long. And I don't think it's very important. I just think it's interesting that a newspaper outside San Francisco noticed, is all.

Sorry to hear about the statue, though. I kinda liked the little fella.