4.10.2007

Ummm, Mike? It'd be better to just shut up.

The Indianapolis Star helpfully holds Mike Pence's mouth while Pence inserts his foot.
WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Mike Pence said Tuesday he didn't mean to suggest that Iraq is as safe as Indiana when he compared a Baghdad market to “a normal outdoor market in Indiana in the summertime.”...

“I would never have suggested that . . . a Baghdad market is as safe as the Bargersville (Ind.) flea market,” Pence told reporters in a Tuesday call. “I just meant that that's what it looked and felt like....”
Jon Stewart has film of Pence's comment in this Daily Show excerpt.

Which reminds me. I saw a sign on a convenience store while driving home from work this morning, said...
Republican and coffee, 89¢
I think the coffee all by itself, without the Republican, was $1.05.

Link: Back from Iraq, Pence explains market remark | IndyStar.com

No comments: