1.01.2007

Ten-food drifts in Denver; storm blows east.

And hopefully blows out. Keep it on your side of the Mississippi, dudes. (I love typing "Mississippi." Every time I type "Mississippi" I sing a little ditty from the 40s - "m i crooked letter crooked letter i...." They had some real lyrics in the 40s, didn't they?)

Meanwhile, it's been a disappointing weekend in Western Mass. Instead of reaching the predicted low 40s (that would be in degrees, not years) it's hovered in the high 30s, cloudily. This morning I had to scrap ice off my windshield in the rain. Actually more like brush off than scrape off - it was some pretty wimpy ice. But the good news for me, given the cost of heating oil this year, is that it's predicted to continue warmish all week, with a high of 50F forecast, as of now, for Saturday. Every week of warm now means bucks in the bank. Temporarily in the bank, of course, but still.

No comments: