8.18.2006

Vermont girds for fishmeal cake attack.

Burlington Free Press.com | Local/Vermont
The bait -- more than 215,000 fishmeal cakes containing oral vaccine -- will be dropped from a twin-engine plane flying at 500 feet. The plane will fly in a uniform grid pattern along lines about one-third-mile apart.
Woohoo! I've been wanting to use that word, “girds,” for years! I guess it's kind of gone out of style now but for a while there everybody was girding for something, remember that? Or maybe it was just my imagination. No, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, I've never heard of this being done around here. We have a lot of raccoons here, too, and we're not that far from Vermont. Squirrels, too. Although, now that I think of it, this year we have either fewer skunks or better drivers, it seems.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: