2.18.2006

Weather gods, I like your style.

Right up through yesterday the forecast was for a nasty cold (and windy) weekend but since this morning the widget has been edging upward and now promises (promises!) highs in the high 20s today and tomorrow (but it's windy still) and mid 30s or better during the week, which is good news. I may not need new socks. OK, well, I already need them but badly enough to go buy them is what I mean. I have a whole drawer full of damn stupid girl socks that are good enough when the weather's warm.

When the last local discount store - that would be the last one of the two who funded the anti-Wal-Mart campaign but then went out of business anyway, the jerks - went out of business I bought two great big bags of socks, men's socks it said right on the bags in big black letters (like that), but when I opened them up they were girl socks, you know the kind that just barely come up to your ankles. And who wants to walk around in the winter with his ankles hanging out. Of course most of the socks I have right now that cover up my ankles leave my toes hanging out but that's not the same thing. You see my point.

And if Spring comes pretty soon then I won't need new socks, will I. So the sooner the better is what I'm saying here. Warm is good. Let's go, warm!

PS after going out to do Saturday errands: Fortunately, I don't believe in wind chill. Wind chill is sort of like the Easter bunny. Or Des Moines. If you don't believe in it it's not there.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: