2.15.2006

I don't know about you, but there's them and there's me.

I'm listening to this story from a weekend version of the Wall Street Journal about bad news in the condo market - prices are coming down. Maybe, even, the Journal worries, housing prices in general will "cool off."

What a shame.

Meanwhile the NYTimes has a story about a drug called Avastin, currently used to treat colon cancer, emerging as a promising treatment for breast and lung cancer too. Price the maker, Genetech, plans to charge for it: $100,000 per year. In defending their pricing decision Genetech executives cite "the inherent value of life-sustaining therapies."

"Your money or your life" - in a dark alley, wouldn't that be called a mugging?

Well, hey. Turns out there are a lot of things I thought I knew that I don't. Like, behind the guys doing the shooting is the safe place to be. That's the way they did things in Infantry School. But I guess that's not how they do it in Texas.
If the accident unfolded as reported - that Whittington had retrieved a bird and was walking up behind Cheney and another hunter - it violated a standard safety practice that dictates that the hunters walk together in an even line.
At least not when you're in the field with Trickshot Dick. Nowhere's safe then. Unless they're trying to say the <strike>bird</strike> lawyer came up from behind and got ahead.

Thirty yards? In an orange vest?

Well go figure, huh? Maybe Trickshot plays by different rules.

Oh. Right.

I guess I'd better stick to being me. 'Cause the them I just don't understand.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From FoxNews.com: "The vice president's only other statement since Saturday concerned his lack of a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department stamp for hunting game birds, which was publicized following the shooting. The statement said Cheney had mailed a $7 check to the department for a stamp, but did not mention Whittington or the shooting."

Ted Compton said...

the thing that keeps getting me confused is, which one is the news channel and which one is the comedy channel. or is there a difference, I'm not sure.