2.17.2006

I guess I see the point here but it does sound funny, doesn't it?

82 officers punished for excess workload - The Boston Globe:
The Boston Police Department has disciplined 82 officers since August for working too many hours, many of them on lucrative paid detail shifts, police officials said yesterday.
What they're worried about, the story says, is having fatigued cops on the job. In other occupations - pilots and truck drivers come to mind - same thing. (When I worked in a factory in Illinois, in the early 70s, there was a State law limiting hours that could be worked by women. Maybe that was because you don't want a tired broad cooking your dinner. I don't know.) And like that. Understandable.

Still, the idea of punishing people for working too hard sounds vaguely, I don't know, un-American, doesn't it? Or maybe the cops just need better pay.

But don't get me started on that.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno. i kinda like a law against tired broads.

Ted Compton said...

well if they're gonna be cooking so do I